Dream T - Full Power

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Plumbed Dream machine. New owners post your impressions of your Dream - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
lowellw2
Latte

Dream T - Full Power

Post by lowellw2 »

Does one have to make a switch change to get full power on a Dream T. I've set it in the software to full power mode but when it turns on each morning the steam boiler waits for the group boiler to reach temperature before it kicks in. In other words does the Dream T have a 15-20A switch like my previous Mini?
Dream T
Anfilm CODY II grinder
Zebra wood drop tamper
Espro toroid pitcher
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Dream T - Full Power

Post by chas »

That's the way it works by design. Once the group boiler is up to temp both boilers can be on at the same time but not until then.

Otherwise, during initial heat up both boilers would be on simultaneously for 15 min or so. With both boilers on the machine is drawing right about 20A. Even though a 20A circuit should be able to handle this without tripping the breaker, the wires could get quite warm.

Once at least one boiler is up to temp, the time both boilers are ever on simultaneously is just a few seconds here and there.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
lowellw2
Latte

Re: Dream T - Full Power

Post by lowellw2 »

Well, my machine is obviously working correctly and I can certainly understand that design parameter. Thanks Chas. 8)
Dream T
Anfilm CODY II grinder
Zebra wood drop tamper
Espro toroid pitcher

Return to “Dream General Q&A”