Brew profiles sharing

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Plumbed Dream machine. New owners post your impressions of your Dream - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
cofex
Americano

Brew profiles sharing

Post by cofex »

Hi,

New owner of La Spaz Dream. very satisfied with my purchase.

I used a customized Gaggia Classic until now: PID, Invensys pump, Rancilio steam arm.

I searched the forum but nobody is talking about sharing brew profiles.

I understand the brew profile is personalized based on the coffee, but still I think we can have a few profiles to share between us.

Is possible to build profiles and share them?

Did anybody tried this?
Cofex
La Spaziale Dream v 1.20
Baratza Vario, Custom Gaggia Classic (PID + Invensys Pump)

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Brew profiles sharing

Post by chas »

I am not in a position at the current time to update my Dream from v1.19 to v 1.20. The software change list states that they "fixed" some SD Card Read issues so it's possible that they fixed this. However, through v1.19 there was no way to just save the four profiles. Rather it saves the entire state of the machine at the instant you do the save even including the time, date, language, screen saver, and PID settings. So if you share this file and someone writes it to their machine they get the profiles and every thing else flashed to their machine including the time and date of your save.

It is possible to share files and have someone import it into Excel for human readability but since they use a comma for so many things that we do not in the US, the file is semicolon delimited. Excel can read and format a semi-colon delimited file into a human readable format but it takes some doing.

If you could create a file on your SD card then upload it here, I would be very interested to see what, if anything, they changed in v1.20.

By the way, in case you haven't discovered this yet, LaSpaziale uses read and write from the POV of the machine whereas the accepted use is from the point of view of the memory device. So a read operation means you read the machine and write to the SD Card and a write operation means you read the contents of an SD Card file and write it to the Dream.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
cofex
Americano

Post by cofex »

Interesting,
even with the entire machine state, if we can edit the excel file using csv format, we can have some sort of template to start with...
I will spend some time this week with a profile or two and upload the file here...

2 things I noticed:
1. with my experience with the Gaggia Classic I was able to reproduce the espresso from before on the Dream with 2 trials. I was expecting this as the PID on the Gaggia + the pressure set at 9.5 bars was very close to the Dream stock brew profile.

2. A longer than 25 seconds brew is better. (30-35 seconds). I saw other users commenting on the longer brew period in the forum...

I am using about 17-18 grams in the stock double basket.

Coffee is redbird, I ordered some Klatch Belle espresso and Black cat...
Cofex
La Spaziale Dream v 1.20

goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

Just as a note, latest firmware is 1.21.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
cofex
Americano

Post by cofex »

I attached the profile + firmware 1.20 that came with my machine...

I created a new profile :
added preinfusion 3 sec
increased the temp to 202 from 201...
set 3 days timer to start at 7AM...
Attachments
S1D_0120.bin.zip
(70.33 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
DREAM_R.csv.zip
(646 Bytes) Downloaded 426 times
Cofex
La Spaziale Dream v 1.20

Return to “Dream General Q&A”