I finally took the covers off and checked things out today.
The way LaSpaz did the 3-way valve is probably one of the biggest inside changes outside the plumbing changes on the group boiler which I discussed previously. I have not had an issue with that clogging yet, but I will be keeping an eye on it.
The covers are easier to get off without burning your fingers or dropping bolts down inside the machine.
A number of folks over the years have complained that their machines were too noisy. After checking things out the problem was identified as being a loose bolt that holds the start up capacitor to the top of the motor. This can then rattle. I had not noticed and such noise, but I found that capacitor to be loose and lying down on top of the motor. Just a quick tightening of that nut with a 7mm nut driver fixed that issue.
The connectors now used on parts like the water level sensors and the pressure sensors are nicer. They look both more sturdy and easier to disconnect and reconnect when required.
On the downside, getting the covers aligned and back on is still a royal PITA. I took some photos which I hope to post here tomorrow.
General questions, comments, and discussions about the Plumbed Dream machine. New owners post your impressions of your Dream - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
1 post • Page 1 of 1