S1 Vivaldi ii completely dead but fuses look ok

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
dmclaude
Freeze Dried

S1 Vivaldi ii completely dead but fuses look ok

Post by dmclaude »

Hi, need some help :)..

Turned on my Vivaldi ii this morning (recent used purchase) set in 20a mode (using the adapter because although a 20a breaker, the plug is a standard plug). It turned on and started heating up. When I came back to the machine it looked dead, no lights on the front at all. Other machines plugged in get power and I reset the breaker so not a power issue.

I checked the 20a fuse and it looked intact. Reseated and tried again, no joy. Next I took the machine apart to check the 5a fuse. Got to it and it also looks intact.

Any other suggestions? The board ribbon cable also looks to be seated and plugged in.

Thanks!
Tony
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: S1 Vivaldi ii completely dead but fuses look ok

Post by chas »

Did you only visually inspect the fuses rather than using an ohmmeter. In theory a visual inspection should be enough but I have seen an occasional fuse go bad where it wasn't visually obvious.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
dmclaude
Freeze Dried

Post by dmclaude »

Ok I feel like a goofball, the ohmmeter shows no continuity on the 20a fuse. Going to get a replacement and see how it goes.

In the meantime, I took my water dispensing spout apart because it was blocked. I went so far as to remove the right angle elbow piece out of the brass main housing, it appears it was installed with some adhesive to keep it the correct (downward facing) position. Any ideas what adhesive or locktite I should be using to reinstall?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Get a few fuses in case there is a reason that the last one blew. Check that neither boiler heater element is shorted.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”