Water pressure issue

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
shrewd1
Cappuccino

Water pressure issue

Post by shrewd1 »

Hi all,

I'm having this issue with my S1 that is puzzling me and hopefully someone can input some helpful advice.

The preinfusion seems to have a little pressure at the start, during the first couple of seconds after the solenoid valve clicks, the preinfusion water gushes out with more pressure then it should and used to.

My older flojet was on it's way out so I recently purchased a newer model and the problem is still there as it was during the final day's of my old flojet.

I've tried removing my shurfo accumulator from the line and hooking up the S1 directly to the flojet and that little extra kick at the start of preinfusion is still there.

It's there even when I've turned off the flojet and line pressure is down to 2 bar's or less however the pressure is just a little less prevalent but still there.

The water used to come out very gently and slowly, evenly distributed in droplet size from my shower screen and now at the start of my preinfusion's the water gushes out with more force during the first 2 to 3 seconds leaving me to think that this may disturb the puck and lead to channeling defeating the purpose of preinfusion.

Also, I had volumetric dosing set to 35 millilitres of water and now with this extra little kick of water pressure I'm getting around 44 millilitres, before this issue started the volumetric dosing was very accurate and spot on.

I don't know where this extra pressure is coming from, I'm thinking maybe the pump is on its way out?

I'm thinking of buying a water pressure regulator however I suspect the problem will still not be solved.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
shrewd1
Cappuccino

Re: Water pressure issue

Post by shrewd1 »

Just to add some more info to this, I've set my schurflo accumulator to 20 psi, my flojet is set to 40 psi which is 2.7 bar however after a couple of shots when the flojet pump cycles, the pressure gauge on my S1 goes up to nearly 4 bars. I'm left scratching my head with this, I'm thinking S1's pump may be adding this extra pressure?

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”