Mini - valve where tank slides in

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
AndyPanda

Mini - valve where tank slides in

Post by AndyPanda »

In searching through the archives here, I've read many posts claiming there is a valve (on the Mini VII) where the tank slides in to prevent the pump from draining backwards and losing its prime. And that you can check if it's working by whether or not you have dribbles under that valve at the back of the machine when the tank is removed. (and I do have dribbles there when the tank is removed)

Now there is a valve in the tank itself - but that valve does the opposite and doesn't allow water to leak out of the tank unless the tank is securely inserted.

But when I remove the fitting that is on the machine (not the one on the tank) there is no valve in there - it is simply a fitting designed to seal into the tank and to open the valve that keeps the tank from dribbling when it's out.

So I'm wonder where this mysterious valve is supposed to be on the mini - or if that might be a myth. Anyone have first hand experience with such a valve?
AndyPanda

Re: Mini - valve where tank slides in

Post by AndyPanda »

Well .. since there is no one way valve (at least not on my machine, not that I could find) to prevent water flowing back into the tank --- I tested the pump itself and found that I could suck water backwards through the pump (shouldn't be able to). And I have noticed that when the machine has been idle, I have to run the pump for a few seconds before I get flow at the group.

So, I pulled the pump apart and cleaned the two check valves and verified that now I cannot suck water backwards thru the pump. Put it all back together and now I'm getting water to the group instantly --- even after letting it idle for a bit. And no more dribbles under the machine when the tank is removed :grin: woohoo!

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”