troubleshooting a La Spaziale EK

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
philippe6144

troubleshooting a La Spaziale EK

Post by philippe6144 »

Hi,
I am new to this forum, so this is a shoot in the dark! Is there anybody that has knowledge on an older model (2004) of La Speziale model # SPAZIO - EK?
I got this refurbish from someone and I am having a few issues with it. My objective is to find out if its worth it to invest money into it or simply cut my lost.

here is the issues:

-when I powered to machine 30 sec later the pump start and dont stop until the relief valve release high pressure. What I tried is to tighten the screw of the release valve to increase the set point higher than 1.5 bar, but that didnt change valve will still release at some point. I also tried to close the incoming flow of water to the machine. pump still work and I can hear air bubbles circulating in the reservoir. Release valve didn't not let go, but at some point the pump stop with the error code of all flashing lights on the control.

-The pressure gauge doesn't indicate any pressure at all. I dissemble the copper pipe attach to the gauge and clean it. still same result.

Thank you
Philippe
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: troubleshooting a La Spaziale EK

Post by chas »

Since this is an S1 forum and not a LaSpaziale forum, it's probably an apples to oranges comparison even though there is probably some part commonality.

If you were trouble shooting an S1 I would say you have two problems. Since you obviously have enough boiler pressure to blow the OPV and you have checked for blockages, it sounds like the pressure gauge itself may have gone bad.

Also, on an S1 the pump running and running sounds like the water level probe is not working right. In an S1 that could mean 1) the probe has ridden up and just needs to be pushed down and retightened 2) The probe is mineral covered and needs to be removed and soaked in vinegar 3) The probe is actually bad.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”