S1 Dream - Group Temperature control is not working correctly

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Amos54

S1 Dream - Group Temperature control is not working correctly

Post by Amos54 »

Hello. I woke up this morning and attempted to pull my first double and something was wrong. I wasn't paying too much attention, but the sound and results were way off. I pulled another with naked portafilter with similar poor results.

The profile I was using sets the group at 201 F. However, the digital temperature gauge on the screen was reading an actual temp of 209 F. The espresso felt extra hot as well (although I didnt measure it). I adjusted the profile setting to 194 and the temperature read 203 F. When I pulled the shot, the temperature read out drop 30+ degrees... way more than normal. Any clue what is happening and more important how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
goodboyr
Barista

Re: S1 Dream - Group Temperature control is not working correctly

Post by goodboyr »

Yup. I know this well. Your brew boiler temperature sensor has died. Mine have been doing this at approx 6 month intervals. Please get in touch with Tim at CCS. He will get you fixed up. As well, its important that they know this is happening to people other than me! :-)
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
Amos54

Post by Amos54 »

Thanks Bob. I started with Tim yesterday. I will relay the info. Thanks again for your post.
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

You are welcome. Could I ask how old your Dream is?
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
Amos54

Post by Amos54 »

18 months. Give or take. Stil under warranty.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”