Leak from water tank and water inlet

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
CoffeeLegs

Leak from water tank and water inlet

Post by CoffeeLegs »

Hi

I have a mini viv (I) and the past few months every now and then im getting a puddle of water under the machine. This is not simply the tank not being secure enough as i have never had a drop in the past.

I have left the take filled with water outside the machine and there are no leaks from that.

I am GUESSING that this is a cracked / worn O Ring in the water inlet. Anyone got any tips removing / replacing these? will a socket spanner do the job... i dont want to create a bigger problem.

Ive attached a pic to illustrate.
Thanks
Attachments
IMAG1641.jpg
IMAG1641.jpg (633.15 KiB) Viewed 9022 times
javajohnson
Latte

Re: Leak from water tank and water inlet

Post by javajohnson »

Some of the units of your vintage were mistakenly shipped with a plain steel spring instead of the standard stainless steel spring in the tank outlet valve that the o ring attaches to. I purchased my machine from Clive Coffee. They sent me the replacement part with the correct stainless spring enclosed at no cost and ended my water leak problem.
La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Mazzer Mini E Mod B
Bunn G1
Hottop D roaster
2 San Franciscan SF-6 roasters
CoffeeLegs

Post by CoffeeLegs »

I JJ, Thanks for the reply, thats good to know. I have put some plumbers tape around the back of the O ring as a temporary fix. I guess it will still leak if the problem is caused by the outlet valve. I will keep an eye on it.
A
CoffeeLegs

Post by CoffeeLegs »

Hi, so as i expected the leak is back. I am pretty sure it is from the back of the part in the pick and not the spring in the water tank. I will replace the O rings if i can and see if they are cracked. Can someone let me know how i access them for replacement? What sizes are the rings?

While i am at it i think i will replace the rings up above the shower screens if i can. So same question, how do i access and what size rings?

Thanks!
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

On my machine there are no O rings above the shower screens. Are you referring to the gasket for the portafilter? If so I would suggest a search of this web site and then an order of the silicone gaskets.
jfrescki
God Shot

Post by jfrescki »

javajohnson wrote:Some of the units of your vintage were mistakenly shipped with a plain steel spring instead of the standard stainless steel spring in the tank outlet valve that the o ring attaches to. I purchased my machine from Clive Coffee. They sent me the replacement part with the correct stainless spring enclosed at no cost and ended my water leak problem.
Is the spring in the tank? My tank has begun leaking when I take it out of the machine only, so it's not a big deal, but if I could simply replace the spring I will.
John

Mini Vivaldi, EPC-8, SJ, Steel Burr Vario
Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff
CoffeeLegs

Post by CoffeeLegs »

Hi MDL,

Yes the gasket...thanks ill look it up.

A

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”