Solenoid Replacement

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Solenoid Replacement

Post by chas »

I had to replace the group/3-way solenoid on my GS/3 last week. As far as I know the S1 uses the exact same part and there are three on each machine which is why I am posting this here. The solenoids are very easy to replace. Most of them are just a matter of removing one nut from the bolt that goes through the body of the solenoid and then slide the solenoid right off. Since these are 115V solenoids there is no polarity in the two wires so you don't have to worry about reattaching them backwards. I first checked with CCS and their price was $96. I then did some Google searches and found one place that sold the part for $30 but they had a minimum order amount of $50 with shipping on top of that. I eventually settled on one from eBAY for $50 shipping included. So definitely check eBay first. The eBay seller was actually an on-line store and not an individual selling a spare part so they should be available at any time in the future. BTW: the part I ordered is exactly the same as the original part - same vendor not a cheap knock off.

If anyone else finds a cheaper source please post here.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
peter

Re: Solenoid Replacement

Post by peter »

Thank Chas. May this be info I never need. :-)
caf4brains

Re: Solenoid Replacement

Post by caf4brains »

That is very useful to know - thank you for posting it.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”