Steam boiler water inlet leak

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
bluegrassboiler

Steam boiler water inlet leak

Post by bluegrassboiler »

Hi all, my Mini Vivaldi II has a leak at what I believe to be the steam boiler water inlet. I noticed the problem when I heard sizzling of water and saw steam come out the top of the machine. With the cover off I watched what happens and what I noticed is that whenever the pump turns on, to bring in more water from the reservoir, a significant amount of water comes out right where the clear tube meets the metal. I have taken picture and circled the location in the imgur album below.

http://imgur.com/a/wIuqB

I have emailed Chris' Coffee regarding this as well and I'm waiting for a response. I'm not under warranty. Anyone have any idea's on what a fix would entail?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Steam boiler water inlet leak

Post by chas »

You'll need to unscrew that connection and then remove the plastic tube from the end in order to check that the plastic is not damaged. If it seems ok, reinstall and reseat the connection to see if that fixes it.

If the end of the plastic tube is damaged you may have to buy and new piece of vinyl tubing and replace it since it doesn't appear from you photo that there is enough slack to just cut off the end and make a new connection.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
bluegrassboiler

Post by bluegrassboiler »

Thank you Chas!

I unscrewed the connections and removed the tube and couldn't see any damage with the tube. The tube is pretty darn durable, I gave a call to Chris' Coffee and got the ferrule and connector piece shipped out and heading my way. This is the first time I gave them a call and wow they were very very helpful and understanding.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Are you all fixed up and back in operation now?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”