Oscilating brew pressure

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
issa

Oscilating brew pressure

Post by issa »

Hey S1 Cafe

I just got my hands on a slightly used two year old Mini Vivaldi, and shortly after I got it back home, I noticed that the brew pressure gauge oscillate.

I decided to inspect the water tank, and gave the chrome a good brushing, just to make sure that wasn't the problem, but no it didn't help, then I removed the pressure regulator valve, descaled and cleaned it, and that only made things worse. Now the gauge oscilate when I have a blind filter in it as well.

I suspect that the spring in the OPV is too soft and that is what is resulting in the issue, but I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Oscilating brew pressure

Post by chas »

Due to the way the Mini is designed that's normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
issa

Post by issa »

But the gauge should be steady at 9 bar pressure with the Blind filter, shouldn't it?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

No

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
jfrescki
God Shot

Post by jfrescki »

The brew pressure on my Mini rapidly oscillates from approx 8 - 10 during brewing. I think it's just the vibe pump.
John

Mini Vivaldi, EPC-8, SJ, Steel Burr Vario
Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff
issa

Post by issa »

The reason why I thought that there where something wrong with it, was because Of This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4FajUGA ... ata_player

It goes slowly op to nine bars and stay there, so I asumed that was how it was supposed to look like. The last vibration pump machine I owned didn't have brewpressure gauge so I just assumed it would look like the above. I have allot more experience with rotatry vane pump machines, so I'm a bit Surprice that it's fluctating that Much.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”