How to remove Vivaldi mk1 steam wand?

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
thoh

How to remove Vivaldi mk1 steam wand?

Post by thoh »

Hi,

I picked up an used S1 Vivaldi mk1 (2010 model) and I thought about replacing the stock steam wand with a no burn wand which I picked up from Chris Coffee.
First i noticed that my machine seem to need a connection with a 90 degree bend in the end so Chris Coffee sent me that aswell, but when I removed the left sidepanel and front panel aswell as the top lid I noticed that it did not want to come off.
It was quite narrow and difficult to get to things with tools so should I have disassembled more of the machine?

Thanks,

Thomas
(S1 Vivaldi owner from Oslo, Norway)
Endo

Re: How to remove Vivaldi mk1 steam wand?

Post by Endo »

You made the same mistake I did.

The wand is actually very easy to remove and requires no disassembly at all. There are flats on the wand body up near the top. You don't need to remove the brass nut. See the last picture in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1264#p20236
thoh

Post by thoh »

Hi Endo,

Thanks for the quick reply Endo, I did see this post, but it seems to be a S1 Mini vivaldi and the steam wand seems to have a different connection.
My steam arm does not have a way to remove as far as I can tell. It feels perfectly round all the way, and it does not seem to be possible to disassemble it..

I tried to take a photo of my machine with my iPhone, but I am not sure how well it shows..
All good ideas welcome ;)

Thanks,

Thomas
Lousy picture of steam arm on my machine.
Lousy picture of steam arm on my machine.
steamarm.jpg (53.53 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
Endo

Post by Endo »

I've never seen this model. Perhaps an earlier mk1 wand? Sorry I can't help you much.

Still you should be able to remove the sides and upper front panel and get to the brass nut (like in my first photo in the post). Can you take a picture of how far you got?

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”