Taking the V2 apart - tutorial?

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
italyhound

Taking the V2 apart - tutorial?

Post by italyhound »

I think my pump is failing after 6 years of no real problems.

I remember that there was a document that Chas put together detailing how to take apart the machine with a guide to the innards but I just cannot find it.

Can someone help point me to where that might be so I can take a look at the pump? :?:

Thanks
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Taking the V2 apart - tutorial?

Post by chas »

This may be enough to get you going. Other than a wrench to remove the inlet and outlet water connectors (same wrench for both) all you need is a flat headed screwdriver with a long shaft. After removing the top cover, you will probably have to go down through the top to loosen the screw that holds the collar on that connects the pump and the motor. Other than removing the front cover and the top cover, those three connections are all it takes to R&R the pump.

S1 Photos with all Covers Off
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

Thanks Chas.

I had called CC for some help and the second guy said its probably my solenoid valve not the pump. I get a buzzing that happens sporadically and it never happens when I draw hot water from the tap. He thought that meant the pump is fine.

Now to get that solenoid valve off :roll:
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

OK so what do you use to get at that small screw which attaches the wiring harness to the coil? It sticks straight back (with very little room for a screwdriver) and you can get at it head on from the top. :|
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

Got the valve off and also replaced the pump no problem.

Went to drain the steam boiler and the nut cracked off and took the boiler threads with it. Ack!

My machine will soon be 100% new and improved! :grin:

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”