Mini 2 Won't Pull Shots

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
JeffPersson
Latte

Mini 2 Won't Pull Shots

Post by JeffPersson »

We just got back from vacation and i had powered my Mini V2 down while we were gone. So it's been a little while since I've tried to pull a shot and when I went to try it this morning I had some issues. After what should have been enough time there was still no espresso coming out, so I thought the grind might be too fine, but that's when I noticed the pressure gauge was showing the needle pointing straight up (no pressure). After stopping the pull I removed the portafilter and the puck was solid and wet, but by then I had only gotten a slight dribble out of one of the spouts.

I'm hoping it's something simple like I somehow didn't power the unit up right when I got home from vacation, but I fear it's more than that. Steaming pressure is fine.
richardcoffee
God Shot

Re: Mini 2 Won't Pull Shots

Post by richardcoffee »

no alarm lights? Try again. Make sure there's water in the tank. Do you get water through the group with no portafilter in?
JeffPersson
Latte

Post by JeffPersson »

Water does come through if there's no coffee but it slows down after a bit.
JeffPersson
Latte

Post by JeffPersson »

I pulled the reservoir, pulled the filter, washed everything down, reassembled and tried again. After a few runs its working again. Not sure what the issue was. I did get three yellow lights on one attempt, but I think that was because the feed hose was pinched after I reassembled the reservoir.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”