Vivaldi forgot how to measure!

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
nitpick

Vivaldi forgot how to measure!

Post by nitpick »

Looked for similar topics on this, didn't find any.

Anyways, the other day my wife informed me (I am out of town) that the espresso machine was just making a "tiny" amount of coffee.

I asked her to video making a shot and she did, making sure so that I could see the gauges on the front.

Long story short, I heard the pump come on, I could see that 9 bar was being generated, and then almost as soon as it came on, I heard the pump go off.

I suspected that the machine may have forgotten how much to dose for a double. So I asked her to make a single. That worked fine.

Next I had her re-program the machine for a two ounce double. She did that, problem solved.

Anyone else ever have this happen? It's possible that at some point she leaned on the on/off switch long enough that it inadvertently went into program mode and then she hit the right combo to program a 1-second shot. Or its possible that the machine's brain got scrambled?
Endo

Re: Vivaldi forgot how to measure!

Post by Endo »

Pretty common mistake.

It takes some getting used to the fact that you must hold down the on/off button for 3 seconds to turn on the machine. Very often once they learn this, people assume you must do the same for any button, and accidently put the machine in "program" mode by holding the buttons too long.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”