V2 Steam wand loose

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
italyhound

V2 Steam wand loose

Post by italyhound »

Any advice on how to goi about fixing this? All of a sudden it got loose. I opened the top but it doesn't seem intuitive what to do by looks alone and I dont want to blindly try anything. It looks as if the nut at the top of the wand assembly wants to be in the housing but is now not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsX8ogsh6Iw

Thanks.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: V2 Steam wand loose

Post by chas »

I think you just need to tighten the bolt under the steam knob. Check out Sakurama's how-to with photos in this thread: Steam Knob Slop Solution.

Sakurama is actually trying to fix an issue that goes well beyond what you need. His first photo and description shows how to get the knob off. The second photo shows the bolt that needs to be tightened. That's as far as you need to go.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

That's what it was, Chas. Many thanks!

I'm glad you have the GS3 as well since I may need some help with that one too when I get it. :grin:
innermusic

Post by innermusic »

Hey those pictures are no longer showing. Can they be reactivated?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Unfortunately, no. Those photos were posted on an external third party site that no longer exists. Had the photos been posted directly here on the S1Cafe forum they'd still be here.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”