water from steam wand

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
michael
God Shot

water from steam wand

Post by michael »

im getting first water and eventually wet steam from the arm; is this a problem with the fill probe in the steam boiler

how do i fix; if its the probe, how do i access :-(
Endo

Re: water from steam wand

Post by Endo »

Water always comes out before steam. Does it last longer than 1 or 2 seconds? Does water come out the second time you open the wand as well?
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

this is much too much water; not a burst but a steady stream :cry:
Endo

Post by Endo »

Sometimes the fill probe nut loosens, causing the sensor to move up. GIve this old post a read:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1215

You are not using mineral free water...are you?
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

so it seems my fill probe had risen up; pushed down the probe, tightened up the nut, got out the excess water and it seems to be working normally; surprising how such a small change in the height of the fill probe could case so much water to come out of the boiler and the boiler to fill so often 8)
Endo

Post by Endo »

Good to hear that fixed it, and no new parts were needed.

Keep in mind, there is not much headspace in the steam boiler.If the probe loosens and moves up, the water has no place to go but out the wand, and the slightest loss of water will trigger the pump to refill.
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

thanks; had never realized this part of machine was so fine tuned :mrgreen:
zoomin

Post by zoomin »

Thanks for posting your repair tip about the water level probe - this helped me fix my S2 this morning!

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”