steam boiler not filling

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
brewbro

steam boiler not filling

Post by brewbro »

The boiler in my 2+ year old vivaldi 2 isn't filling. Noticed low water flow out of the hot water nozzle and then no water or steam. When I try it it will run the pump for 2 minutes and then shut off. Took everything apart and had some minor scale problems in the hot water and steam out of the boiler. I put everything back together but no luck.
If I turn the boiler off I am capable of pulling shots all day long, so there is no problem with the pump. I took the water inlet off at the boiler and then powered up the machine and turned it on. No water. I then took the solenoid valve off prior to the inlet tubing to the boiler and made a mess because there was a lot of water pressure behind it but none getting through it. There was no scale build up in the valve.

Anyone know what to call it or how to figure out a part number when i try to order a new one. Am I missing something? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Rick
Endo

Re: steam boiler not filling

Post by Endo »

Have a look at your gicleur.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1216&p=14740
brewbro

Post by brewbro »

Didn't find that one in my search. I can't wait to get home and try it out.

Thanks
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Some folks have also reported getting a mineral clog right where the water tube enters the boiler. I'd be sure that the water path is clear from the gicleur to the boiler before replacing the anything in the solenoid valve. When I personally had this problem is was a mineral deposit in the gicleur.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
brewbro

Post by brewbro »

Well I took the solenoid valve off again, removed the screen in the inlet, took the gicleur apart and didn't find any blockage or build up. I cleaned it anyway and put everything back together and turned the machine on and had good water flow to the boiler. So it worked but I don't exactly know what i did.

Thanks for the help.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Most likely you dislodged whatever was doing the blocking during your maintenance.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”