Mini Vivaldi II - Died and Won't Power On

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Makanmata

Mini Vivaldi II - Died and Won't Power On

Post by Makanmata »

My first critical problem with my several years old Mini Vivaldi II (and only a few minor issues along the way).

Last night, after changing the gaskets and cleaning up the group heads, and then running some water through the machine, it suddenly turned itself off, and can't be turned back on. No lights are lit, and the machine is just totally dead as if it is not receiving any power. There was no strange behavior before this happened, and the only thing out of the ordinary that I did was change the gasket, which banged the machine around a bit in order to chisel out the gasket and replace it -- although nothing at all dramatic or that I haven't done several times before. I have now tried several different electrical outlets to assure that it is not an electrical/fuse problem in my apartment.

I've sent an email to CCS to see if they have any ideas, but it is a holiday weekend in the United States, and I'm hoping that somebody here might see this first and be able to make some suggestions for how I can diagnose and possibly fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
Makanmata

Re: Mini Vivaldi II - Died and Won't Power On

Post by Makanmata »

By the way, I remember seeing an excellent photo demonstration someplace on the web regarding how to remove the covers, which I can't find at the moment. Can somebody please direct me to it? I'm hoping to see if some electrical connection has come loose -- on no coffee. Thanks.
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

I do not know for sure on a Mini, but on a VII there is a little fuse that you can access from under the machine. This is what I would try first.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
Makanmata

Post by Makanmata »

Thanks, that's just the sort of idea that I am looking for -- but I'm not exactly sure what I am looking for, or where I am looking for it.

I now have the top plate and the front plate off, and can't find anything obviously unattached. Hopefully CCS will be able to help me find the fuse on the VII. Thanks.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

The fuse holder is underneath the machine back by where the power cord exits if it is the same as the S1.
Makanmata

Post by Makanmata »

slo wrote:I do not know for sure on a Mini, but on a VII there is a little fuse that you can access from under the machine. This is what I would try first.

Problem resolved. CCS got back in touch with me despite the holiday today, and they had the same thought about the fuse. They showed me where to look, under the machine, towards the back, and on the right hand side, you can see the fuse holder. I opened it (push and twist), examined the fuse "(which looked ok), reseated it, and once plugged in the lights came on. I am now waiting for the machine to come to temperature to have my first coffee in nearly 48 hours.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”