Hot water valve repair/replacement

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
MDL
Barista

Hot water valve repair/replacement

Post by MDL »

Vivaldi II purchased in April 2007.

The hot water started dripping a month or so ago and is now really leaking.

Has anyone rebuilt the mechanical part of this solenoid valve? I found the solenoid coil (that I presume I don't need to replace) on the Parker website quite reasonably but I can't find the mechanical piece. If anyone has the part number and perhaps a diagram that would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Mark
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Hot water valve repair/replacement

Post by chas »

Did you look at this document? s1v2/V2%20Manuals/RICAMBI%20S1%20NEW.pdf
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

If it's the typical Parker solenoid there isn't much to them. Open it up & soak the various pieces; spring/tubes/ect in white vinegar or descaling solution if there are deposits built up in there.
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

thanks for the comments.

I contacted Chris' Coffee (where I bought the machine) and Jason provided me with directions to open and clean the valve. I am happy to share the PDF but don't know how to do it here.

Take care,
Mark
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

You click on PostReply, scroll down until you see the Upload Attachment tab, and select it. The you browse to the file you want to upload, the click Add In-line. Once the file shows up under Posted Attachment, click the Place inline button.
espresso pressure study.pdf
(109.18 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

Here is the PDF with instructions to work on the Parker valve. The instructions are for the water inlet valve, but the hot water valve is identical (as stated by Jason).
Attachments
S1 Vivaldi Inlet Valve Repair.pdf
(345.77 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

Having now successfully repaired the hot water valve I have to say that it was necessary to remove the valve body and hold it in a vise to get the stem off. It would have never been possible for me to open it with two wrenches as shown in the instructions.

Otherwise, it is went just as described in the instruction sheet and was very simple. Soaking in white vinegar with a bit of scraping cleaned it up beautifully.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

MDL wrote:Having now successfully repaired the hot water valve I have to say that it was necessary to remove the valve body and hold it in a vise to get the stem off. It would have never been possible for me to open it with two wrenches as shown in the instructions..
Why? You couldn't hold the valve securely with a large crescent wrench?
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

I tried and could not hold it with another wrench. It was so tight that I had to clamp the body in a vise and really crank on it to get it open. For the hot water valve it is really easy to remove the entire assembly and that allowed me to clean the rest of the connections as well as the valve body and seat.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”