Boiler does not activate Flow-jet pump

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
GregO

Boiler does not activate Flow-jet pump

Post by GregO »

The Flow-jet water pump seems to cycle instead of run constantly when I drain water from the H2O dispenser. I have been in contact with Chris Coffee and verified there was no air in the line by disconnecting the braided line to the plastic Flow-jet line. I have also cracked open the braided line where it enters the machine. When I run some water through the group head, it has sounded a bit noisy. The next step recommended from CC is to loosen the chrome piece connecting the pump and motor and verify that the shafts turn and are not bound up in any way. Any recommendations in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I was also thinking about connecting directly to the water line going to my icemaker. I use water directly out of the tap, as it's very soft. At first I was trying to isolate if this problem was the Flow-jet, or the machine. After running several gallons through the Flow-jet, I am suspecting the espresso machine. In the past the Flow-jet seemed to stay on solid until the machine was satisfied, now it just seems to cycle on for one second and off for a second. I think plumbing direct is still the way to go, It's hard to determine what my presser is when the Flow-jet is cycling on and off while pulling a shot. Once again any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Greg
GregO

Re: Boiler does not activate Flow-jet pump

Post by GregO »

Update. Pump and motor look good. Water pump still does not kick on to fill the boiler. Suspect the 3-way "T" #1 or the solenoid Valve A. I could be the the water sensor inside the steam boiler. At this point I am just shooting from the hip. Any suggestions?

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”