changing the temperature probe

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
danielle

changing the temperature probe

Post by danielle »

Can someone out there walk me through changing the temperature probe of my Vivaldi S1? The east coast distributor sent me the part but could not find any instructions nor diagram to help me out. Is there anyone out there who can give me a step by step and possibly even a diagram? There are no espresso machine vendors in this area who can service my machine.
is there anyone out there who's knows how to do this?
Danielle
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: changing the temperature probe

Post by chas »

There are sensors in both boilers but almost everyone that has needed to replace one, has been in the steam boiler. Is it safe to assume this is also the case in your situation? We want to give you directions for the correct boiler.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Assuming it is the Steam Boiler temperature probe, start with this link: s1v1/S1HeatSensor.php. This probably won't be the exactly correct instructions since LaSpaziale redesigned the temperature probe a few years back. This page shows replacing the old style probe with another old style temperature probe. In your case you will either be replacing the old style probe with the new style probe or else the new style probe with another new style probe.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
danielle

Post by danielle »

Thanks Chas for answering. I really have no idea which one it is. I called and explained the problem to the rep and that what they said the solution was,...a new temp probe. Which one. I'm not sure. They didn't say, nor does it say which one they sent on the order form. I think you are right as the steam doesn't last.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”