No Steam or hot water or steam boiler pressure reading

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Rick A

No Steam or hot water or steam boiler pressure reading

Post by Rick A »

Just got done descaling, insulating the steam boiler and putting the v2 back together. Upon start up the brew boiler and temperature and bar pressure are fine . The steam boiler heats up but will not give a pressure reading on the manometer. When I try to get hot water or steam, nothing. I can hear hissing out of the small relief valve. Perhaps something electrical? Any thoughts?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: No Steam or hot water or steam boiler pressure reading

Post by chas »

Sounds like the relief valve is stuck open. Tap it on the top once or twice to see if you can get it to pop up and reseal. Otherwise, you have have to remove it and clean it.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Rick A

Post by Rick A »

The relief valve moves up and down freely.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Are you sure that the steam boiler refilled? If not don't let the heating element run.
Rick A

Post by Rick A »

Boiler refilled and heats up. Just can't get a pressure reading on the guage and no hot water or steam.
Rick A

Post by Rick A »

Problem fixed, or should I say there never was a problem. The steam that was emitting from the relief valve is normal. I just never saw or heard it because I have never heated up the machine with the side and back panels removed. As the boiler starts to make steam, the pressure from the steam causes the relief valve to pop up and seal, which in turn creates the pressure to force water to the hot water dispenser and steam to the steam arm. I wasn't getting water or steam because the valve hadn't yet closed when I tried to dispense hot water. So here is a picture of the finished descale and boiler insulation project.
Attachments
IMG00042-20100112-2043.jpg
IMG00042-20100112-2043.jpg (82.2 KiB) Viewed 6407 times

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”