Bolts

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
oton

Bolts

Post by oton »

Hi!

Anyone know where can I buy new bolts for the Minivivaldi? I got some bolts a little worn in the head. Thanks.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Bolts

Post by chas »

oton wrote:Hi!

Anyone know where can I buy new bolts for the Minivivaldi? I got some bolts a little worn in the head. Thanks.
Is this the bolt you mean? I'm not sure where you'd buy one in Spain but since it's metric perhaps most any hardware store? This also shows an alternative with a hex head that uses a 3mm hex wrench rather than the wrench included with the S1.

Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
oton

Post by oton »

Thanks Chas, but no, not those. I need the ones of side, rear and front panels

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

They are just standard metric sizes, you could always substitute a washer for the wide screw head. Going to tell us how you lost them all?
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

He didn't loose them. He just has a few screw loose in the head :lol:

I know that it is a language thing but it is so funny! Sorry Oton I couldn't resist. ;-)
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Yes, at my age I'm a little worn in the head, too!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
oton

Post by oton »

slo wrote:He didn't loose them. He just has a few screw loose in the head :lol:

I know that it is a language thing but it is so funny! Sorry Oton I couldn't resist. ;-)
ROFL :lol: I have no idea how to say in english that. Is it worn? loose? bolt head loose?

Problem with Spain is that we see ALL movies dubbed to spanish (thanks to Franco), so the english level of most people sucks.
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Don't be so hard on yourself and your countrymen. Your english is just fine.

I am francophone first then english and then some greek, no spanish to speak of. When I write on this site (and others) I have to translate and think a lot more than the average anglophone. Don't put yourself down, tap yourself in the back for managing to learn and share in a second language.

Now, back to the original question did you figure out what you need? If you still need a clear specification of the screws I'll measure them. What I would do myself is take one out, and go to the local hardware store and buy a set that fit the screw thread. The easiest way to clearly make sure is to find a nut that fit the screw thread and then find the screw that match that nut. No need to measure
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”