Italian coffee

Discussion of various types and blends of commercially available pre-roasted beans, their best sources, prices, their respective merits, and the Vivaldi settings required to optimism flavor.
bll230

Italian coffee

Post by bll230 »

I love the Italian coffee, Pellini, Kimbo, Vergnano, Hausbrandt, Illy, and while I plan to get a good grinder to experience all that everybody talks about with regard to freshly gorund coffee, for time being I must continue to use the preground.

A question that recently came to mind: Is there a difference in quality or longevity between the coffee that comes in the vacuum pack cube and coffee that comes in the pressurized can, or do the two methods produce similar results?

Thanks

John
Niko

Post by Niko »

Pressurized can usually lasts longer but has an extremely short life once opened.
Weska

Post by Weska »

Agreed that the Italian ground coffees can give a pretty nice result with a favorable tailwind.

When I used them I never found any difference that I could detect between canned and the bagged bricks. I suspect that, until you get that grinder, you should try to find one whose grind works consistently with your procedures.

Return to “Pre-Roasted Beans”