Anyone try Barrington Roasters?

Discussion of various types and blends of commercially available pre-roasted beans, their best sources, prices, their respective merits, and the Vivaldi settings required to optimism flavor.
wantmorecrema

Anyone try Barrington Roasters?

Post by wantmorecrema »

I've grown really fond of Barrington Roaster's Gold Espresso blend. Any other fans out there? The crema is thick and gorgeous and it's delicious with milk. After experimenting with Black Cat, Ambrosia, Vivace Vita and some others, I think this one is my favorite. I'm surprised it's not talked about much on the forums.
- Carrie
Niko

Post by Niko »

Where are they located? I took a quick look at their website but didn't see where they're from.
Looks like they know what they're doing with the beans.
So tell me more on how it tastes exactly and how the body is.
wantmorecrema

Post by wantmorecrema »

Here's their description, which is on the mark in my opinion:

"We carefully roast and blend this coffee to bring out the finest qualities of espresso coffee--sweet caramel, chocolate, spice and hints of dried fruit. When properly extracted it yields spectacular crema and a long smooth finish. To attain this perfection, we source coffees that are naturally very low in acidity and extraordinarily high in body. When the otherwise subtle and delicate flavors of these coffees are concentrated through the high pressure extraction of an espresso machine the qualities are magnified to an essential level. Our proprietary blend includes aged and conditioned coffees from Asia and South America."
Richard

Post by Richard »

Niko wrote:Where are they located?
Lee, Massachusetts, western part of the state in the Berkshires, sort of next door to Tanglewood, short drive from Albany, NY.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Richard, have you tried their roasts?

How long would you say the drive is from Medford?
I have a relative there, maybe I can have them bring some out here on the West Coast if it isn't too far out of their way :lol: it looks like a long drive when I looked at a map.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Niko, congrats on your new exalted rating for hitting 1,000 posts. You have obviously created a new avatar in celebration. What do you call it - milk frothing explosion?
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
Niko

Post by Niko »

Thank you! :D

The new avatar will be posted tonight....
This temporary one is the transition from Zen to ETREME :!:
Richard

Post by Richard »

No, I haven't tried their roasts.

Medford is in Metro Boston and Lee is in the extreme western edge of the state, so it has to be at least a 2.5-hour drive, if not farther.
raf
Latte

Post by raf »

I have visited their coffee shop in Lenox and I can say that they are very serious about their espresso. They have a very good machine (I forget the brand) and Mazzer grinders. And every shot is pulled with a naked portafilter. Since visiting their shop, I have adopted this custom as well. It helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

As for their beans we brought some home (we live in eastern Ontario) and was impressed with the Espresso blend. I even pulled some perfectly acceptable shots with 5 week old beans. I would definitely give them a try.

Martin

Return to “Pre-Roasted Beans”