BEANS 4 ROASTING ?

Discussion of the merits of various green beans, where to obtain them, and how best to roast them.
Cafesp

BEANS 4 ROASTING ?

Post by Cafesp »

Hi to all VII roasters,
Thanks advance for your advices,
-What beans ( single origin or blend ) to start with ? where to buy ?
FYI
-4 Espresso, I drink straight, single, no sugar, I like Black cat & Illy dark roast blend,
-4 Dripping, I make Swiss coffee style ($bucks Italia used as dripping!) with half&half "fresh" cream, no sugar. I like Kirkland(Costco) houseblend & $bucks breakfast blend,
-4 Decaf, We like $bucks espresso decaf blend, ( It's way different taste with regular one, IMO )
Any suggestions what beans and what level of roasting ?
Hottop B will be my roaster, all profiles sharing greatly appreciated!
Anything else you could come up with? :roll: Welcome :D

Cafesp
Niko

Post by Niko »

I prefer Single Farm for straight doubles or triples, mostly Ristrettos - excuse me, my mouth is watering. :P
A nice Brazil roasted quickly through 1st crack and then stall the roast for nice sloooooooow finish into a Full City (maybe Full City+) will be nice and sweet.
That's it...you've done it now! - I'm going to go pull a triple Jacaranda right now, after all it is Friday night :wink:

More on this later once I'm caffeinated...
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

To VII roasters,
SweetMaria is currently out of stock 4 Hottop B,
Coffee Bean Corral is no longer offer heat resistant gloves, charges 4 shipping as well!
http://ourcoffeebarn.com/estore/product ... 6e3741d8b1 offers free S/H +$10 coupon and free 5 lbs cafe of your choice :lol:

-Brasil Serra Negra
-Columbia Supremo
-Costa Rica Tarrazu
-Panama Bouquette
-Sumatra Mandheling
-Tanzania Peaberry
-Ethiopia Yergacheffe
-Guatemala Antiqua
-Mexico Chiapas
I've picked Columbia Supremo; How's about you ? :roll:

Cafesp

Return to “Green Beans & Their Roasting”