SM Mohka Kadir & Liquid Amber Blends

Discussion of the merits of various green beans, where to obtain them, and how best to roast them.
JohnB

SM Mohka Kadir & Liquid Amber Blends

Post by JohnB »

Time to bring this part of the forum back to life! Anyone else roasting either of these two blends? The current L/A is quite a bit mellower then the version I received from SM several years back. A lot like the traditional Italian blends that several U.S. roasters offer. Very enjoyable & a lot less caffeine (Robusta) then the last version. Never tried the M/K until recently so I can't say how it compares to past versions but it is very nice. Chocolate/spice/stone fruit if you get the roast right.
Endo

Re: SM Mohka Kadir & Liquid Amber Blends

Post by Endo »

I wish I could try some SM blends, but the cost and shipping here to Canada has made me stay away so far. But I may eventually give it a try.

I'm still experimenting with all the traditional SOs ordered online from Canada. I take notes and when I find a few that I think will go together well, I blend them. There are just so many to try !

How about you send me some Mohka Kadir and I'll trade you for some Cuban Turquino or Serrano? ;-)
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:How about you send me some Mohka Kadir and I'll trade you for some Cuban Turquino or Serrano? ;-)
Green??
BobG

Post by BobG »

I like the SM Liquid Amber Blend and having been using it for many years. Frequently, I get lazy with the roasting and buy it roasted from SM. I haven't tried Mohka Kadir blend that I recall.

Bob G

Return to “Green Beans & Their Roasting”