Necessity...

All Discussions about 53ish mm tampers for the Vivaldi
az erik

Necessity...

Post by az erik »

Is the mother of all

I have a 52mm ebay flat bottom tamper and my 58mm RB flat bottom tamper but no 53, not even the plastic junk. But I did have this 'thing' on the front of my other Compak doser that looked like it was smaller than a 58 but bigger than 52, sur enough it was a 57mm thing. It attached to the front of the doser for 'lift tamping'. I pulled out a cordless drill and with a file turned it down to 53.5. 1 to see if it fit the basket before ordering my RB C-flat and to get me by. It needed a handle though, and offly the 'legs' I bought for my Expobar I never used had a threaded hole and wouldn't ya know it screwed in. This wont polish but it will pack the basket. NSEW tamp backfired and I have to polish with my 52mm but hey it'll get me by for the week(s) or so that the RB will take to arrive.

Behold "Franken Tamper"
gschroeder81
Macchiato

Re: Necessity...

Post by gschroeder81 »

You talk about a "FrankenTamper", here is one I 3D printed at work yesterday, not wanting to wait until I purchased one or until I mill one up out of aluminum stock.
2015-05-01 11.41.58 (Small).jpg
2015-05-01 11.41.58 (Small).jpg (62.81 KiB) Viewed 9331 times
Spaz S1V1
Compak K3, Rocky
Cafflano Kompresso, Krinder
PID'd Poppery I roaster
3D printed Thermofilter
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Either your boss really likes you OR you are the boss! :thumbup:
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
gschroeder81
Macchiato

Post by gschroeder81 »

I am not the boss:) I do have a good relationship with him though, and unusual access to machinery. I am the CAD/CAM person here designing avionics hardware, so I am working with software and machines that open up some unique opportunities. Naturally, as I have been pursuing espresso craft for some years, my mind is always thinking about the possibilities that such machinery provides. Soon we will be getting a nice 3-axis CNC mill, and that again opens up a whole new level of capabilities. I'm pretty excited about that.
Spaz S1V1
Compak K3, Rocky
Cafflano Kompresso, Krinder
PID'd Poppery I roaster
3D printed Thermofilter

Return to “Tampers”