triple baskets

The extended drought is over. LaSpaziale triple baskets are now available from Chris Coffee!
michael

triple baskets

Post by michael »

any updates on the triple baskets
Fred

Update

Post by Fred »

Latest word from Lino suggests January timing for 4 or 5 baskets, then February for the bigger batch from my bulk purchase of baskets from Chris. Tom will be handling distribution of both sets and may have more information.

Thanks to everyone for their patience!

Fred
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Is the list in the triples-polls on our forum an official one?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Kind of (sort of)...
There was something like 3 lists going so there's no real official one. They all have the same thing and that is the names of the interested parties but things change. Some people will drop out of the deal so the ones at the bottom move up.
In the end, I think everyone who is still interested will eventually get one.
mdreuben

Post by mdreuben »

Please add me to the list for a triple basket.

Thanks,

Martin Reuben
gdahl

Post by gdahl »

I received my triple basket a few days ago and am very pleased! Thanks to all who worked to make these available...you guys rock!

Gary Dahl
NewEnglandCliff

Post by NewEnglandCliff »

You did? How did it turn out? Was it $45?
gdahl

Post by gdahl »

It was $50, including shipping. The outside of the basket shows some heat discoloration from the welding, but the inside looks nice. Once mounted in the portafilter, the welding isn't very noticeable. Lino does nice work!

My tamper fits snugly but can't go in much deeper than it is supposed to, so I can tell right away if the dose is too small.

My wife and I drink mostly cappuccinos and lattes, and have found that the shots we make with the triple basket result in nicer-tasting drinks. The typical problem has been that the flavor of ristretto shots gets lost in the milk, but longer shots don't taste as good. My volume right now is about 2.5 oz, going by the output of a blank shot into the measuring cup.

Gary Dahl
NewEnglandCliff

Post by NewEnglandCliff »

gdahl wrote:My tamper fits snugly but can't go in much deeper than it is supposed to...

Gary Dahl
That's perfect! The tighter the fit, the less channeling you'll get. Scott Rao of Esselon Cafe in North Hadley, Mass first demonstrated this for me on his Kees Van Der Westen Mirage.
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

Hoping all who wanted can receive a belated holiday gift. Hopefully Lino has the energy - fingers crossed. :D
Niko

Post by Niko »

Good to see you again, Evan.
Are you getting one too?
mdreuben

Post by mdreuben »

Is there a place to officially request a triple basket or pre-pay for one?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Niko

Post by Niko »

I just got my triple basket.
Shots will be fired tonight 8)

UPDATE:
it measures 53.42mm to the inside ridge.

This is what it does with 21 grams of coffee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21BNXXeZAf0
A really nice tight Ristretto to die for :wink:
Weska

Post by Weska »

Good news, Niko. Thanks for taking the measurement and showing the results to us.
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

yea, very nice... I'm dreaming of a big big big americano made of it :coffee2:
woodchuck

Post by woodchuck »

Coffeeowl, you will definately get a big Americano. I got a triple off of Lino awhile ago. 22grams of coffee is alot of coffee. My CoffeeLab tamper fits down to just below the retainer recess rim. I don't use it much. I prefer the double myself. My wife likes the big full flavored caps I get from it. I have tried less coffee in it just to see if the extra headspace helped my shots but I find the double works just as well.

Cheers

Ian
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

Niko wrote:Good to see you again, Evan.
Are you getting one too?
Hey Niko

Happy New Year

I am indeed on the list - past the 25 mark likely but I think under the 50 mark. I am sending mental waves of motivation out to Lino :shock:
michael

triple baskets

Post by michael »

am i current in assuming that i will receive an e mail when my number comes up on the list and then i send my payment and an address for shipping 8)
Niko

Post by Niko »

That sounds right, Michael.
Tom will probably contact you when your turn comes up.
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

Fred and Tom,
Thank you very much.
I'm number 49. Confirmation number 49SF

Cafesp
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi. It's probably obvious in the thread, but I can't seem to "catch up" on the recent tamper events. I'm signed up (under 25). Is that batch two? Batch I-wasn't-paying-attention? Maybe point me to the "summary"? I hate writing posts where there's a better that 80% chance I should have figured it out on my own :oops:
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

Thanks for the updated list. :D

Return to “Triple Baskets”