Versalab or Robur?

Discussion of coffee grinder hardware. How to get the most out of specific grinders. Cleaning and maintenance issues with grinders. Comparison of different grinders.
coffeeowl

Versalab or Robur?

Post by coffeeowl »

Discussion time comes.
JohnB

Re: Versalab or Robur?

Post by JohnB »

After following the thread on H-B I wouldn't even consider the Versalab but its your money. Buy a used Super Jolly & save LOTS of money.
Richard

Post by Richard »

coffeeowl wrote:Discussion time comes.
What John said!

But you might also want to look at the Mahlkoenig grinder. It's in roughly the same price class as the Versalab, and it is highly regarded amongst other grinders in that class. Personally, it's some of the best money I've ever spent on espresso equipment.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I went into reading the HB grinder info looking to get talked into spending big bucks on a grinder and came away with the CMH. I still prefer doserless though.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

I don't have the big bucks at the moment, but after reading several grinder threads on h-b and after I gained some more experience with my Mazzer Mini (run hopeless again, its throat having locked with a Mazzer 53mm plastic tamper) I conluded that a Robur would be better, though it costs more.

Return to “Coffee Grinders”