Does pre-infusion change the shot length?

If you want to generally discussion the merits of preinfusion or have any other generic question about preinfusion post it here. Please use the specific Progressive Preinfusion or Programmable Preinfusion forums if your topic specific to those solutions.
Mario

Does pre-infusion change the shot length?

Post by Mario »

Does the addition of the pre-infusion phase change the length of time for the shot pull at all? I know you are supposed to stop based on when the shot blonds but I like to be in the general 25 sec ball park. But when do you start counting the 25 seconds? I've read conflicting advice on this with some people saying it is 25 second from the time you hit the start button and others saying it is 25 seconds from the time the first drops of coffee appear. In either case the pre-infusion might impact things.
Mario

Re: Does pre-infusion change the shot length?

Post by Mario »

How do you think the grins would change - in the direction of a bit more coarser?

Mario
Cliff

Re: Does pre-infusion change the shot length?

Post by Cliff »

Yes I had to change the grind one notch (coarser) on the Super Jolly. I did have to change the shot length although I don't have a accurate measure of how much. I always just end the shot before blonding. MY wife on the other hand just lets it go :roll:

Return to “Generic Discussions about Pre-infusion”