Hose Leak from Tank to Expansion Valve?

Did you have a bad "out-of-box" experience with your Mini? Describe it here and report back with the final resolution.
symbology
God Shot

Hose Leak from Tank to Expansion Valve?

Post by symbology » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:00 pm

I think that is the expansion valve. I have a water leak (I have been trying to find where this darn water keeps coming from) that I really notice after filling the water tank. I have included a photo of the leak. It is coming from the bottom of the expansion valve. Is this the inlet, or outlet? Could this cause pump consistency issues? Could this be why I cannot run a tank filter? Could the pump be cavitating and catching air through this hole?
Attachments
mvII water leak 1024.jpg
mvII water leak 1024.jpg (385.25 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
S1V2, Macap M7D Grinder

symbology
God Shot

Re: Hose Leak from Tank to Expansion Valve?

Post by symbology » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Just looked at the diagram in my manual which shows this as an outlet.
S1V2, Macap M7D Grinder

Endo
S1 9th Degree Black Belt

Post by Endo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:32 pm

See if you can pin-point the source of the leak first. Make sure it isn't something above the valve.

It might be a small tear in the tubing when they tried to install it, but it looks more like your OPV (Over Pressure Valve) is leaking. Try tightening it up 1 turn and then loosening it 1 turn to get it to seat better. If it still leaks, then take it apart a re-assemble.

The OPV is a bit too big for this application. That's why the o-ring is not engaged to give it the secondary seal (which would solve your problem).
Endo

LaSpaziale Mini Vivaldi w/progressive p/i
HG-one, B.Vario, Quest M3

"It's the coffee, stupid."

symbology
God Shot

Post by symbology » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:49 pm

The hose had a hole on the back side (view from pic). I cut about 10-12mm of hose off and the leak is gone. I even decreased the pressure down to 8.75-9 Bar (from 10). It did not seem to be leaking. Is that going to be a possible future problem?

BTW, I put my filter back in the tank after trimming down the hose, I no longer have issues getting up to pressure. So, it was not the fault of the filter, but this leaking hose. If, I am correct in seeing this air leak as "down stream" of the pump inlet line?

Thanks for the help.
S1V2, Macap M7D Grinder

Return to “Mini Day One Problems”