Boiler Automatic refill system failure - can it fix itself?

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
TiggerMark
Latte

Boiler Automatic refill system failure - can it fix itself?

Post by TiggerMark »

Pulled a shot last night that ran really long. A minute - maybe longer. Not sure what happened. The shots weren't going that long before. At first I thought I'd over dosed and choked the machine but the shot kept going and going and the machine sounded weak.

Finally got 2 ounces and turned off the flow. Then the machine seemed to be acting weird. All the lights out went out except the boiler light which blinked. Then it turned itself off.

I unplugged the machine and gave it the night off. This morning it seems fine. Page 16 of the manual lists a Boiler Automatic Refill System Failure that seems to be what I had last night (page 16). Question: is this catastrophic and terrible or was it just too long a shot (for whatever reason), the boiler got too much water pumped out and couldn't refill and so it shut off? Should I have it serviced? She does seem all fine this morning.

Thoughts? Comments? Experiences?
adagan
Latte

Re: Boiler Automatic refill system failure - can it fix itself?

Post by adagan »

Tigger Mark,

Yes. Failures often fix themselves.

Just kidding.

It is likely that if the problem went away, you were probably in a programming mode you didn't even realize.
I've been there.

You press a button a little too long, and when you think you are just pulling a shot, you are actually reprogramming the volumetric measurement.

If you recycled power and all is well, that is because you got out of the programming mode before you committed the new parameter to non-volatile memory in the machine.

Brew on!

Disclaimer: just because I had this experience, does not mean yours is exactly the same.
C8H10N4O2
TiggerMark
Latte

Re: Boiler Automatic refill system failure - can it fix itself?

Post by TiggerMark »

I see that you are not familiar with elves that come out at night and repair your equipment. You can get them pretty cheap on ebay and sometimes locally sourced on Craigs List. ;-)

I hadn't thought about the programming thing. I think the shot went too long and she shut herself off but I'll have to think on that programming more. I need to do that - get it set for 27 seconds as that would make life a lot easier. Just haven't bothered to do that. Thanks for the reminder!

Return to “Mini General Q&A”