Adjusting the expansion valve?

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
applepod124
Cappuccino

Adjusting the expansion valve?

Post by applepod124 »

My Mini Vivaldi II has recently been having an issue with the pump where it will not stay at 9 bar consistently throughout the shot. When I start the pump, the pressure jumps up to 9 then quickly drops to 7. Near the end of the shot, in the last few seconds (20-25s), the pressure jumps between 7 and 9 bar. The pump makes a pulsing noise as this is happening. I called chris's coffee, and they suggested that I adjust the expansion valve, after verifying that the pump does reach 10 bar using a backflush disk. How do I adjust the expansion valve? Will this correct the issue or could it be something else? I tried searching for instructions on how to do it but was only able to find info about the vivaldi, not sure if it's the same.

Thanks!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Adjusting the expansion valve?

Post by chas »

Have you looked at paragraph 8.1 of the User's Manual?

s1v2/MiniV2Manual/Mini_V2_Owners_Manual_RevF.pdf
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
applepod124
Cappuccino

Post by applepod124 »

I checked that and noticed that there is a kink in the tube leading to the expansion valve, could that be causing an issue?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

That could do it.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Mini General Q&A”