Vivaldi Mini Plastic Wire Cap Replacement

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
yooncs

Vivaldi Mini Plastic Wire Cap Replacement

Post by yooncs »

Hi, I searched past 3min on this topic. My mini's plastic wire caps are all baked / browned / crusted both straight and 90deg ones. Any one know what they are exactly called and where I can get replacements (hopefully high temp resistant ones)? Thanks!
Endo

Re: Vivaldi Mini Plastic Wire Cap Replacement

Post by Endo »

Mine has that problem too. They seem to have a made a bad choice of materials for the insulator boots on the steam boiler. Mine have also gone from white to tan colored and seem dried out like paper. The boots are obviously not made for boiler temperatures.

I would like to find something to replace them (that I can snap on easily), but made for higher temps obviously. I'll keep looking, but if anybody finds anything, please let me know.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I bought two different types to try when I replace the ones on my V2 (which I no longer have). However, I had to buy a bag of about 25 of each type. I will dig them out tomorrow and post some photos here. Hopefully, they are still in their original bags and may have the manufacturer and part numbers printed on them.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
MonkeyK

Post by MonkeyK »

1) make sure that you have good connections.
2) on my V2, the wires connection to the boiler are protected with silicone tubing. Slide it over the wire like a sleeve, connect, and push it down over the boiler connection
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Here are the two types of replacement spade lug connectors I bought to replace the cracked plastic sheaths that were on my V2. The first type is far superior since it is completely enclosed. I am not sure where I got them, but you can get the same thing here:
Molex Quick Disconnect Female 22-10
type1.jpg
type1.jpg (180.7 KiB) Viewed 8280 times
type2.jpg
type2.jpg (193.78 KiB) Viewed 8280 times
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Mini General Q&A”