Supplier besides Chris Coffee

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
txrpls

Supplier besides Chris Coffee

Post by txrpls »

After a phone exchange today I have decided to cease being a longtime client of Chris Coffee. I need to find another supplier for parts. Any suggestions?
Last edited by txrpls on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
symbology

Re: Supplier besides Chris Coffee

Post by symbology »

What exactly are you looking for. (oh, and I am not surprised at your unhappiness with CCS)

Anyway, you can try the following.
http://www.cafeparts.com/dynamicIndex.asp
http://www.espressoparts.com
Bitches_Brew

Post by Bitches_Brew »

txrpls wrote:After a phone exchange today I have decided cease being a longtime client of Chris Coffee. I need to find another supplier for parts. Any suggestions?
:lol: let me guess...you talked to chris. ;-)

try espresso parts. check this link viewtopic.php?t=1441 i've noticed some of their parts are dramatically cheaper.
txrpls

Post by txrpls »

Bitches_Brew wrote:
txrpls wrote:After a phone exchange today I have decided cease being a longtime client of Chris Coffee. I need to find another supplier for parts. Any suggestions?
:lol: let me guess...you talked to chris. ;-)

try espresso parts. check this link viewtopic.php?t=1441 i've noticed some of their parts are dramatically cheaper.
Yep, he would be better off if he stayed away from his employee's emails and off the phone. His employee's are great.
Endo

Post by Endo »

He doesn't seem to have much patience for the geek crowd. When you call, just ask for Jason instead.
txrpls

Post by txrpls »

Endo wrote:He doesn't seem to have much patience for the geek crowd. When you call, just ask for Jason instead.
I won't be calling again!

Emails below (note: this was Chris responding not Tynnetta):

First email:
Hi Tynnetta,
Recently I spoke to you on the phone about ordering the brass disk that
fits under the shower screen on the Mini Vivaldi II. I lamented that I could
not find the disk on your web site and you checked and advised that the disk
was part of the shower screen set. I ordered the screen set along with some
other items (order no. 42212) and was disappointed to find no disk when I
opened my package. I now have two extra shower screens and no extra disk.
Could you please check into this situation for me.
Thanks,
Mark Paulson
Chris' response:
On Mar 12, 2011, at 8:57 PM, tynnetta@chriscoffee.com wrote:

I just pulled up your order #42212 you did not order the defuser all you
ordered was a set of shower screens. The defuser is NOT listed on our web site, if
you would like to purchase one you will have to call our service department to place that order.
You can reach them Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST at
518-452-5995. I am copying them on this email so they will be expecting
your call.

Chris
My Response:
I am well aware that the defuser is not listed on the web site as I stated in my first email. I was told by Tynnetta it was included with the shower screens. I called before I ordered when I couldn't find it on the web site. I told her that I didn't need the shower screens. She advised that the defuser was only sold with the shower screen set. How about just send me the disk and I will return the screens and pay the difference.

Sent from my iPad
The phone call yesterday went downhill from there.
Bitches_Brew

Post by Bitches_Brew »

txrpls wrote:
Yep, he would be better off if he stayed away from his employee's emails and off the phone. His employee's are great.
i figured. your not the first customer he has ran off and i doubt you will be the last.
Endo wrote:He doesn't seem to have much patience for the geek crowd.
:laughing3: that's putting it mildly.

your probably right though. i'd be willing to bet he does not treat his commercial accounts with such disrespect.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Face it. We're small potatos. Note Chris' blinged out BMW in front. He didn't get that selling Vivaldi difuser discs! :lol:

When you're dealing with clients buying several $20K machines, the home machines seem like toys. Which means sometimes we get treated like children. If it makes you feel better, there are several potential foster parents here. :lol:

But keep in mind, his company developed a LOT of the goodies on our S1s. I'm pretty grateful for that.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”