New Mini - First Month

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
txrpls

New Mini - First Month

Post by txrpls »

Well I've been using the Mini for a month now and love it. The shots taste better and it is a joy to use, not that my Tea was bad. Bought the bottomless PF and pretty well have that mastered. The pucks are a little wet and I notice water stays in the PF after back flushing (holes must be smaller in basket?). I do have some questions. The top of the puck after a shot is always wet with a little standing water, Is this normal? After I empty the PF in the knock box there are always some grinds left behind. I have attached a picture. The shots are great, the timing is about right (25-30 sec.) and there is one solid stream on the bottomless PF. I am use to solid mostly dry pucks from the TEA.
Mark
IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg (62.23 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
Endo

Re: New Mini - First Month

Post by Endo »

That's pretty much normal (same as what I get).

I think it depends a mostly on coffee blend, freshness, etc. The deeper puck might have a little to do with it as well.

In any case, don't worry. Puckology is pretty much meaningless (i.e. doesn't translate into taste).
MichaelN

Post by MichaelN »

Endo wrote:Puckology is pretty much meaningless
HEATHEN! Quick make a sign of the cross and run to the church for confession! The Habs are in period three of game seven and in the lead... You wouldn't want to be responsible with your home team loosing in the semi-finals would you?
Barabus

Post by Barabus »

A wet puck is par for the course on my new Mini, unless it sits in the PF on the machine for a minute or two, then it dries right out.
Endo

Post by Endo »

MichaelN wrote:
Endo wrote:Puckology is pretty much meaningless
HEATHEN! Quick make a sign of the cross and run to the church for confession! The Habs are in period three of game seven and in the lead... You wouldn't want to be responsible with your home team loosing in the semi-finals would you?
Habs win!! Halak blocks more than a GS/3 gicleur. :lol:
MichaelN

Post by MichaelN »

Endo wrote:Habs win!! Halak blocks more than a GS/3 gicleur.
Do they really have STOP signs in Montreal with "HALAK" on them instead of "STOP"? If so, that is a town real spirit!

Return to “Mini General Q&A”