Plumbing in a Mini

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
admin
Site Admin

Plumbing in a Mini

Post by admin »

Endo, I accidentally deleted your message when I meant to delete the ones nagging you for posting in the wrong forum after I moved it to this correct location.

When I had an Isomac Tea I plumbed it in with a kit supplied by Chris Coffee. If he still offers that kit you could probably modify it for the Mini.

It was essentially a brass fitting where you disconnect the hose from your tank and connect it to one end and connect the water supply in to the other end. In between was a solenoid valve that tapped into the power to the pump so that it opens and closes with the pump turning on and off.

It also came with a plastic T connector so that you could connect the water return line to the tank back to the inlet side of the pump, but that part of the kit is not needed for the Mini.

Looks like CC does still offer it:
http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/hom ... nectsystem
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
Endo

Re: Plumbing in a Mini

Post by Endo »

OK. No problem with the delete.

That kit seems like a good idea if I ever go that route. I saw someone install this kit and he ran the OPV bypass to the spill tray rather than back to the pump inlet through a "T". I'm not sure why.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Is the vibe pump up to the job or would you need a rotary pump also?
Endo

Post by Endo »

JohnB wrote:Is the vibe pump up to the job or would you need a rotary pump also?
I already asked that last month: :-?
Endo wrote:It seems there's lots of room in the mini to fit in the rotary pump. Has anyone tried fitting one in? Should be easy enough since it started life with one.
You interest in a vibe? Think of all the reduced maintenance! :lol:

You should be thinking of adding velcro to your side panels! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Mini General Q&A”