New Side Panel Attachments

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Endo

New Side Panel Attachments

Post by Endo »

Here's my post again since the old one was lost:

I was removing the front cover on my Mini Vivaldi today to install my S5 steam arm mod and I wanted to show pictures of the new side panel attachments:
DSC01089_s.jpg
DSC01089_s.jpg (115.25 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
You'll notice the side panels are now attached using 2 screws on each side and captive nuts on the frame. This replaces the old thumb screws on the top (the bottom appears to be the same). The front panel comes off very easy by simply removing these top screws and then spreading the side panel slightly.

This may have been done on all Vivaldis but I suspect it was important on the Mini since the old rear thumb screw next to the boiler was missing to make room for the higher boiler. And so the top of the left panel was loose. That has now been fixed.

The front panel did not come off completely (see it hanging on the bottom right of the picture). It was still attached to the LED wires. Anyone know how to remove this? There appears to be 4 small screws on the back of the LED panel.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”