Setup and Power On shouldn't be the same thing

What would you change about your LaSpaziale espresso machine?
wesc

Setup and Power On shouldn't be the same thing

Post by wesc »

Both setup (temp, shot size) and power on are enabled when holding the On/Off button for 3 seconds. Power on happens if the machine is off, setup if it is already off. This is sometimes confusing -- i've accidentally put the machine into setup mode where i end up screwing up the shot volumes.

Setup should either require a longer delay, pressing 2 buttons at once, or perhaps only start setup if you turn the machine on and hold it for a longer delay (8 seconds?)

-W
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Setup and Power On shouldn't be the same thing

Post by chas »

wesc wrote:Both setup (temp, shot size) and power on are enabled when holding the On/Off button for 3 seconds. Power on happens if the machine is off, setup if it is already off. This is sometimes confusing -- i've accidentally put the machine into setup mode where i end up screwing up the shot volumes.

Setup should either require a longer delay, pressing 2 buttons at once, or perhaps only start setup if you turn the machine on and hold it for a longer delay (8 seconds?)

-W
I think you mean setup happens when you press the On button for 3 seconds when it is already on. And yes, I occasionally slip up and screw up my dosing settings, too. Not so often yet that I blame the machine rather than myself. The problem is that these kind of mistakes most often happen when you truly need a coffee which is, therefore, why they get made - a real Catch-22!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Suggested Improvements”