Remember state after power failure

What would you change about your LaSpaziale espresso machine?
BrewHaHa
Macchiato

Remember state after power failure

Post by BrewHaHa »

There's nothing sadder than to get up in the morning and find the Vivaldi's standby light blinking because of a power interruption during the night. :cry:
(And I don't get up early enough to wait for the machine to warm up before leaving for work, so no 'spro for me.)

I wish the machine could remember and resume the last On/Standby state after a power loss.

OK, not a HUGE issue, since the power doesn't go out all that often. Plus, it wouldn't help ME anyway, since I'm not likely to trade in my machine - or even buy a new board - just to get such a feature. Mostly I guess I'm just venting, since this morning I found the Vivaldi's standby light blinking because of a power interruption during the night. :cry:

Hmmm.... I wonder what kind of monster UPS I would need for a 20 amp espresso machine...
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1
Mazzer Major
JohnB

Re: Remember state after power failure

Post by JohnB »

Supposedly the standby state protects the board from surges when the power returns. There's always the timer.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Remember state after power failure

Post by chas »

I pulled the plug on the GS/3 while ON and it came back on when plugged back it. That said, I don't know yet whether it truly remembered its last state or just came on because it is during the ON interval of the timer. I'll have to do another test tonight after it turns off, manually turn it back on, and try the test again.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Suggested Improvements”