Basket Improvements

What would you change about your LaSpaziale espresso machine?
michael
God Shot

Re: Basket Improvements

Post by michael »

theres a facebook post from ccs about the new 53mm baskets and precision shower screens :mrgreen:
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

Interesting - he's not calling them VST's but "highly polished precision baskets". Could it be that they're Tidaka's from Germany?
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

The one post i saw on the T baskets was not a rave; hopefully,these are more vst like; I'm definitely there for a set 8)
Endo

Post by Endo »

The precision ridgeless sounds very interesting. I tried one on my old Silvia and it made a noticeable difference. I'd like to see if it helps with higher doses, when the coffee puck surface comes up to the ridge. It would also help me do prep directly into the basket using my HG one.
stefanolo

Post by stefanolo »

I'm also interested in the precision ridgeless (tripple) from CCS. If you look closely on the pics on CCS facebook site you can read http://www.imsfiltri.com on the filter boxes. An italian company specializing in filter baskets and dispersion/shower screens for coffee machines. The website appears to be down/being rebuilt but they have a facebook site as well. https://www.facebook.com/ims.filtri

I have the thinner (9 mm) Tidaka dispersion disk:

And I also bought two precision baskets from Tidaka:

The new precision basket on the left an the old one/original La Spaz on the right.

Precision basket.

Original basket.
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

so when are the new precision baskets supposed to be available 8)
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

thanks; im going to try the ridgeless ones; are the new shower screens in as well 8)
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

baskets and new shower screen still a few weeks away 8)
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

You can pre order for June 30 at CCS.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

Any additional comments on the new PRECISION baskets, and any comments on the new triple. I have the old Bottonless Portafilter and the website says the new triple will not work. So I would have to buy the new portafilter which comes with the new triple basket. Is it worth the $90???
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

I must have missed that on the website, but im using the new larger precision basket in the bottomless I got from cc when I bought the older triple baskets

ive only had the basket for two days so too soon for me to come to any opinion on these, but would be interested in knowing what others think 8)
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

rhinoevans wrote:Any additional comments on the new PRECISION baskets, and any comments on the new triple. I have the old Bottonless Portafilter and the website says the new triple will not work. So I would have to buy the new portafilter which comes with the new triple basket. Is it worth the $90???
I would assume that the issue is that the triple baskets are deeper that the old ones and won't fit through the hole on the bottom of the current bottomless PF. You could always try opening up the hole yourself or checking to see how much a metal shop would charge assuming less than $90!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

Just ordered new bottomless portafiler with new precision triple. Shipped yesterday, along with some other goodies from Chris Coffee. Mary at Chris Coffee is Awesome!
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

Also like the idea on the new portafilter you can remove the filter basket without MAJOR tools
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Typically, a bottomless PF is easy to remove any basket from since you can just push on the bottom of the PF to pop it out. That's usually true even if the PF still uses one of those PF-springs-from-hell.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Suggested Improvements”