My Solution:

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
slofty

My Solution:

Post by slofty »

• Pictured as follows: a Metro cart, with the chop block available from the Container Store. It's been layered with lacquer and buffed to a nice waterproof, food-safe finish. For an apartment-dweller like me, a bottled setup is the way to go. Steam towel is kept on a saucer behind the digi-scale. The black box down to the left is a Simplehuman soft-close step can, perfect for overzealous cats.
  • Drainage is handled by a two-gallon Rubbermaid container that I got from a local restaurant supply co. I cut slits with a box cutter so it looks more like a huge Big Gulp.
  • I do my tamping next to the sink, on the edge of the counter. Distribution is done over the drain. I knock pucks on the counter as well. The Grindenstein and Reg go back in front of the grinder when the session is over. Accessories, baskets, brushes, etc. are kept in a former bread box (facing the pantry door). Oh, Amelie keeps away the bad extraction spirits, in case you were wondering-- in full Coffeegeek spirit. Photo taken in the midst of a typical coffee-manic afternoon:
  • The Reg I picked up has a Spaz logo on it-- after all, this is my first home-machine purchase, so I might as well commemorate it, right?
  • I dig the c-flat!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Very nice use of a limited space! You'll find that grinder much easier to clean if you remove the finger guards & remove the screws from the worm drive so it pivots on the hinge.
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Nice :)
I dig the picture of Amelie on the wall :D
and congratulations on the tamper base choice...
yea, and the handle with the logo... I bet you won't change your machine ever. 8) :headbang:
Niko

Post by Niko »

Funny thing is I have the same exact Metro Cart!
I use it for my cups since they're starting to take over the earth, my cup collection is worth at least 2X more than the Spaz :shock:

So....
how's the cart working out?
I might just throw my older S1 on it since the machines will end up in the same room eventually and I might even do the same exact thing you did for water and drain. Is the Metro holding up OK?

BTW, great setup :wink:
Cafesp

Re: My Solution:

Post by Cafesp »

slofty wrote:The Reg I picked up has a Spaz logo on it-- after all, this is my first home-machine purchase, so I might as well commemorate it, right?
:roll: :shock:
You're doing real good with your FIRST choice! :lol:

Enjoy

Cafesp
slofty

Post by slofty »

Niko wrote:how's the cart working out?
Pretty good, actually. It gets a bit wobbly with the "portafilter wiggle" but otherwise it's surprisingly solid. The shelves provide enough cross-bracing and the mass of equipment holds everyone firmly in place. Although it isn't evident in the pics, I put the floor protectors on the cart's adjustable feet; they're plastic and have a hexagonal indent to fit perfectly.

I've only had my setup for not quite three months, and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be using it, so don't expect much follow-up. I'm probably moving pretty soon-- my better half is looking into culinary school at CIA in St. Helena, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to haul the whole kit out from here in the midwest.

I absolutely dread having to put this machine in storage. Oh well.
Niko

Post by Niko »

CIA in St. Helena? - Sounds like the place about an hour and 20 minutes from me.
It would be sad to have the machine in storage but if you must, it's better than parting with it, right?
My Metro cart still has the wheels on it, so maybe it won't be as stable. It still gives me another option if I want to cart the Spaz out for a backyard party :wink:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Storage?? Buy a roof rack or rent a trailer but don't leave that beauty behind. I used to live just over the hills from St. Helena in Santa Rosa. Haven't been back there in 25 years so I imagine its grown a bit since then.

Return to “Pride Page”