A mini-VII video

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
ebohling

A mini-VII video

Post by ebohling »

Since Niko has been requesting videos of the mini-VII (for sound of the machine I believe), I posted one today...just a quickie...a better one will come when I can get someone to man the video camera.

http://ebohling.com/word/entry/new-spro-gear-trial-run/

Or if you'd like to see it in its more original form (less downsizing): http://vimeo.com/628536

Anyone recommend some awesome beans to buy in the West or better yet Northwest or best in Portland (besides Stumptown)? I know Black Cat is popular, but I would prefer something I can pick-up a day or two after roast. Tired of stale, light roasts! Maybe I'll have to break out my roaster again.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I fully endorse Hairbender for breakfast, lunch and dinner! :P

Love your video, very nice work.
Please do shoot closer when you get an assistant to help you man the camera. I would love to see you steam some milk for a Cappa :wink:
aptosca

Post by aptosca »

I'm with Niko. I only drink Hairbender now, of everything I tried. I wish I lived in Portland (for the coffee; maybe for other things as well). As it is, the beans get here in two days, which seems a reasonable rest anyway.
ebohling

Post by ebohling »

OK, I know this is a bit much, even for a fanatic, but my wife is out of town so what else am I going to do!?

http://ebohling.com/word/entry/the-unbo ... esso-gear/
Niko

Post by Niko »

Nice!
Crank open the steam with that lever.
C'mon, do it before the wife returns.... 8)
bugbus

Post by bugbus »

Nice job. I love it when you expect espresso to come out... and it does!
ebohling

Post by ebohling »

niko: i have steamed milk 3 times now...the first time was disastrous. 2nd time i got lucky. and the 3rd time was back to disastrous.

first, i have no idea how anyone could possibly froth just a couple of ounces with that powerful wand. so even though i just need an ounce or two, i find the need to put in at least 5 to 6 ounces

second, no chance (at least at this point) of turning on the steam more than just a tiny fraction...even at that 4 ounces of milk has spilled over a 12 ounce pitcher.

lastly, wow did that 2nd (and even 3rd to an extent) steam job taste awesome! ;)
ScottW
Espresso

Re: A mini-VII video

Post by ScottW »

ebohling wrote:Anyone recommend some awesome beans to buy in the West or better yet Northwest or best in Portland (besides Stumptown)? I know Black Cat is popular, but I would prefer something I can pick-up a day or two after roast. Tired of stale, light roasts! Maybe I'll have to break out my roaster again.
Try some of Vivace's Dolce blend.
https://www.espressovivace.com/catalog/order.php
They ship priority, and being only 200 miles down I5 you should get it the next day. They also have a decent decaf if you need that, and sell both Dolce and their Decaf green as well if you decide to break out the roaster.
Niko

Re: A mini-VII video

Post by Niko »

ebohling wrote:niko: i have steamed milk 3 times now...the first time was disastrous. 2nd time i got lucky. and the 3rd time was back to disastrous.

first, i have no idea how anyone could possibly froth just a couple of ounces with that powerful wand. so even though i just need an ounce or two, i find the need to put in at least 5 to 6 ounces

second, no chance (at least at this point) of turning on the steam more than just a tiny fraction...even at that 4 ounces of milk has spilled over a 12 ounce pitcher.

lastly, wow did that 2nd (and even 3rd to an extent) steam job taste awesome! ;)
Try a larger pitcher to start with and you'll be graduating to the smaller ones in no time. It just takes a little practice and you'll be there soon, it sounds like you're almost there already after the 3rd try if it tastes good.

ScottW wrote:
Scott!
Nice to see you :wink:

Return to “Pride Page”