Versalab M3 Grinder

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
EricC

Versalab M3 Grinder

Post by EricC »

Just for Niko, some M3 photo's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the Best
Eric
Niko

Post by Niko »

:P
You're killing me, Eric!

How's that PF holder working out?
EricC

Post by EricC »

Niko wrote::P
You're killing me, Eric!

How's that PF holder working out?
Just teasing. :wink:
I'm still waiting, the one in the photo's is the standard 58mm PF holder.

I'll let you know as soon as the 53mm one arrives. :) :)
Niko

Post by Niko »

Damn...
and I was about to ask for a picture of the Spaz PF in the cradle 8)

They make those holders out of plastic to avoid heat loss, right?
Weska

Post by Weska »

NIko, you are going to have a Versalab, aren't you? Is there any point in denying it? You might wait for the right deal on ebay, but it is going to happen.

Happy New Year, and I hope it incorporates a Versalab and a lot more.
Niko

Post by Niko »

And a Happy New Year to you too, Wes!
:occasion7:

Yeah, you know I want a new grinder and the Versalab looks really nice but I was a little concerned about the longevity after reading about a bad experience 1 person had. I know I can't make a judgement from an individual report when there's several happy happy owners out there.
So I guess I'm kind of waiting for Eric to break his in for a while :wink:
Richard

Post by Richard »

Niko wrote:Yeah, you know I want a new grinder and the Versalab looks really nice but I was a little concerned about the longevity after reading about a bad experience 1 person had.
After reading so much massively irrational and gratuitously critical bellicosity from that one person on the subject, spewed forth at every possible opportunity, that person no longer has credibility on the subject, at least to my way of thinking. There has to be more to the story than meets the eye. I had a brief e-mail exchange with Laura at Versalab on that very subject awhile back, and indeed, there are always two sides to every story.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Good point, Richard.
I didn't know what to make of that either. We must be talking about the same person? He's one one of the big guns on H-B (I think) and from what I recall the grinder is not doing too well for him after a year.

Do you have an M3?
...not the BMW, the grinder. :D
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

To me, Jim is the TESTER for this wonderful grinder.
He might abused it like we do on our trucks, up and down on gas pedal on convertible sport cars!
To me,Versalab is a Porsche. It must show its strength- Performance-Reliablity and on top must be -Durability!
I'm not quite sure Roll Royce is a good car(only think it's ultra expensive car!) unless RR went thr. all normal driving conditions and even way behind maintenance schedules like Honda or Toyota! (RR only crusing at SLOW speed and AHEAD maintenance tasks)
Just my 2cents thought on a New Year Eve kick back day
Cafesp
* I didn't post mine on HB as well as qouting Chris told me b/c of thicker coffee layer in smaller 53mm basket improving the cafe taste of V machine caused it's easily get intensed debates there!
EricC

Post by EricC »

Niko wrote:Damn...
and I was about to ask for a picture of the Spaz PF in the cradle 8)

They make those holders out of plastic to avoid heat loss, right?
Yes, they appear to be made out of something similar to teflon, at least that is how it feels to the touch.

Don't worry as soon as the LaSpaz PF holder arrives i'll post some pics. :wink:

Happy New Year to All at The S1 Cafe

Regards
Eric
Niko

Post by Niko »

When do you think Versalab will have the LaSpaz PF cradle ready, Eric?
EricC

Post by EricC »

I am not too sure Niko,

Versalab haven't actually quoted a time scale. Laura contacted me after reading one of my posts here on this very forum, and very kindly offered that they will exchange it for the one I have as soon as they've done a production run. So as soon as I hear any more info from Laura I will pass it on.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Eric:

Niko's chomping at the bit for one of these. What are the odds he'll make it through 2008 without one?

He's obviously working on a future home espresso museum so he has to have one eventually! :toothy10:
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
EricC

Post by EricC »

admin wrote:Eric:

Niko's chomping at the bit for one of these. What are the odds he'll make it through 2008 without one?

He's obviously working on a future home espresso museum so he has to have one eventually! :toothy10:
Hi Chas,

He seems to be trying to talk himself out of one BUT i think that he has already placed his order, and is just looking for a support group. :lol: :lol: :lol:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Can you believe Niko hasn't chimed in with a retort yet? I hope a tree didn't fall on him in the big CA storms yesterday. Been there, done that!

I need to check in with my brother later. He's in Sacramento. I was checking out The Sacramento Bee On-line earlier. They had all kinds of photos of huge trees coming down right through the middle of houses. (I sort of liked the picture of the crushed Mercedes though.) Makes my damage look like nothing. I think my deck sacrificed itself for the good of the house.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
EricC

Post by EricC »

I can't believe he hasn't responded yet either. maybe he has already ordered one !!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :angel9: :angel9:

I hope that both your brother and Niko are fine, and that you manage to get your deck sorted out. From the photo you posted that looked to be an awfully lucky escape.

All the Best
Eric
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Eric, US news outlets are making it sound like the UK is having a stomach flu epidemic. Hopefully, your current course of extreme espresso is keeping that at bay!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

OK.
I'm back online 8)

Storm was pretty big, I had to walk through knee deep water to rescue my car which got flooded around the corner from where I work. The car started and I immediately reversed it out of the swamp, lost the power steering but it was a success.
As for everything at home, I lost my startup disk on my main computer. We didn't lose power at home (amazing) but for some reason the disk got corrupted so I had to fix it.

Ahh...It's good to be back :D

And no, I didn't order a grinder.
Yet.
EricC

Post by EricC »

Niko wrote:OK.
I'm back online 8)

And no, I didn't order a grinder.
Yet.
Are you sure? :lol: :lol: :lol:
EricC

Post by EricC »

chas wrote:Eric, US news outlets are making it sound like the UK is having a stomach flu epidemic. Hopefully, your current course of extreme espresso is keeping that at bay!
Yes, two of the largest Hospitals here in Liverpool have closed down 7 wards between them to try and limit the spread. Luckily for our family we all appear to be OK so far. :D :D :D

You must be spot on with the extreme espresso as my wife is drinking more than usual at the moment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric
EricC

Post by EricC »

Niko wrote:Storm was pretty big, I had to walk through knee deep water to rescue my car which got flooded around the corner from where I work. The car started and I immediately reversed it out of the swamp, lost the power steering but it was a success.
As for everything at home, I lost my startup disk on my main computer. We didn't lose power at home (amazing) but for some reason the disk got corrupted so I had to fix it.

Ahh...It's good to be back :D
Glad to hear that all is now OK. It sounds as though it has been a bit of a nightmare for you. Hopefully that will be all of the bad luck out of the way for this year and now things will only get better. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Eric

Return to “Pride Page”