VII Pride page: New member introduction

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
Niko

Post by Niko »

WELCOME!
:D
Nice to have you aboard.

----------------------------

I still have an old Krups kicking around in a closet, yes I am a closet-Krups user. It has given me 10 years of non stop, everyday service until I retired it a couple of years ago. Funny thing is it still works and probably will for another 5-10 years. They don't make them like they used to....
woodchuck

Post by woodchuck »

Welcome again from another ex-Krupps user. I can't imagine how much coffee I actually pushed through that little machine. Your going to really enjoy the S1. Let's have some pictures when your get it set up.

Cheers

Ian
Niko

Post by Niko »

It depends on the grinder, if you bought a Mazzer...the starting point is really easy to find and you can start pulling shots almost immediately. The darker the roast, the coarser the grind and the opposite for a lighter one. It also depends on the moisture content of the beans.
If you have a MACAP, follow the instructions to find the "zero" point, it's a little more work but you should dial it in with no problems.
Try and grind fine enough to choke the Vivaldi and then back off from there, it should save you more time rather than working your way up from grinds that are too coarse.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I have both a MACAP and a Mazzer doserless, for some reason I prefer the Mazzer...this week and next week it'll probably be the MACAP. If you're not sure which one just buy both! :D
...but I do believe that if I were to drop both of them off a 5-story building, the Mazzer will still work after bending the adjustment arm. It is made really well, only a direct hit by a mortar might break it.
As for the that new MACAP, I don't have that one yet, and I do mean to get one but after the next roaster.
Zzyzx

Post by Zzyzx »

Espresso_Man,

Welcome! This is a great site with a lot of information as you can tell.

Good move on the doserless as well, I have the MACAP M4 Stepless and it is an excellent grinder. I would have elected to get the MACAP doserless knowing what I know now.

Please give a review of the Macap Electronic when you get it.

Return to “Pride Page”