CUP WARMER GALLERY

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
Niko

CUP WARMER GALLERY

Post by Niko »

Mine changes weekly, sometimes monthly.
What's on your cup warmer today?
CLB

Post by CLB »

Yet another "Another Approach".

Niko

Post by Niko »

They don't call 'em triple fired porcelain for nothing!!
Nice!
CLB

Post by CLB »

I shot the picture too soon. A little smoke from the Jorgensen clamp may have added a nice touch.

Anyway... It cleans up those spilled grounds nicely as well.
Niko

Post by Niko »

You should convert the Vivaldi to a propane burning unit.
CLB

Post by CLB »

It probably wouldn't steam as well???
Niko

Post by Niko »

Sure it will! I've seen your handi-work, you can make anything go.
Some old machines were natural gas powered, some roasters are propane fueled demons...why not an S1?
Sure it's a little ghetto but hey, you'll be the coolest one on the forums :D .

I started this thread because I was curious to see how many people actually use the cup warmer, some people barely have the clearance for any cups let alone some stacking them up high. I sometimes have over 20-something cups at a time including a bunch of Cappa sizes.
...and they get HOT, I mean too hot to hold sometimes.
EricC

Post by EricC »

This is what's on top of mine at the moment :

CLB

Post by CLB »

Niko wrote:Sure it will! I've seen your handi-work, you can make anything go.
Some old machines were natural gas powered, some roasters are propane fueled demons...why not an S1?
Sure it's a little ghetto but hey, you'll be the coolest one on the forums :D .

I started this thread because I was curious to see how many people actually use the cup warmer, some people barely have the clearance for any cups let alone some stacking them up high. I sometimes have over 20-something cups at a time including a bunch of Cappa sizes.
...and they get HOT, I mean too hot to hold sometimes.
I do actually use the cup warmer tray as can be seen in the corner of the picture.
On the other hand I usually forget to lock the portafilter in before warmup.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I throw another PF on top of the warmer for parties, acts like a second group keeping it to temp and ready.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Eric,

Is that a Grindenstein Knockbox?
How many pucks does it fit and does it fit under the Spaz on the tray for storage when it's not in use? Looks like a nice box.
EricC

Post by EricC »

Hi Niko,

Apologies for the late reply, we have been away for a couple of weeks for our summer vacation.
Yes, it is the Grindenstein Knockbox, it holds about seven or eight pucks but it is starting to get a little crowded by then. I've just checked and yes it will fit anywhere along the full width of the drip tray, even under the water spigot. Cheers.

All the Best
Eric
Niko

Post by Niko »

This week's arsenal...
Weska

Post by Weska »

Lovely set of cups up there, Niko. Who makes those leafy geometric ones? And what does "sogni" mean?
Niko

Post by Niko »

"Sogni" means "Dreams" in Italian, that set was made by Illy back in 2003. The whole set is called "Sogni e conflitti" ...Dreams and Conficts.
It was never sold to the public, they were used in bars and cafes only.

The other set is by Francis Ford Coppola called "Texture of Home" back in 2000. It features cups with grass, peas, bay leaf, black pepper, chili peppers and of course coffee beans. This set is my prize for the week....actually for the whole year since the deal was a steal on eBay (once again). The person forgot to list the word "Illy" and instead she used the word "Cute" for only $24 for the entire set. I guess "cute" doesn't sell like the word "Illy".
I've seen this same set fetch around $300 on eBay.
Do you think I'm going to sell them? Hell no!...I'm already drinkin' from them.
Woohoo! :P

Return to “Pride Page”