Christmas Toy

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
DaveS

Christmas Toy

Post by DaveS »

I have been a coffee drinker for quite a while now, moving from McDonalds, to Starbucks, to fresh roasted beans a friend gave me. That was all fine and good until I made the mistake of spending a week in Italy last year. The hotel I was staying at had complementary espresso and related drinks. I never had so much caffine in such a short period of time!

After doing some due dilligence, a superautomatic was prescribed to cure my new addiction. Back it went within the 'buyers remorse' period. I really do not like the fact that I had to send it back, but claims of good espresso and nice latte foam were not realized. Onto my quest then for a better machine, and enter the S1. Looking at both the VI and the VII, of course the VII would have been nice, but the 1st line has the VI now at a few hundred off the VII price and will take 100 off the grinder of your choice. So a package deal with a Macap M4 stepless for just a hair over $2k as a holiday treat.

I think a unique feature for the Macap is that I have the 'black chrome' which is really snazzy and does not show the fingerprints and smears like the straight chrome does.

Getting it tuned in for a new barista took some time, but I think my shots are getting better. I'm more satisfied with the drinks I'm making now than with anything I've had around here (SBX included). I had a ton of guests in the house this Christmas and everyone loved their drinks (notice the syrups for guests).

I had some leftover Lavazza to tune the grinder, a can of Illy to try the first set of drinks, and then a lb of Black Cat once I thought I knew the basics. Boy, does that stuff have some Robusta for kick??

Alot more to say, but I'll hold off for later. Nice forum.

DaveS
Niko

Re: Christmas Toy

Post by Niko »

DaveS wrote:Looking at both the VI and the VII, of course the VII would have been nice, but the 1st line has the VI now at a few hundred off the VII price and will take 100 off the grinder of your choice. So a package deal with a Macap M4 stepless for just a hair over $2k as a holiday treat.

DaveS
Not much difference between the 2 machines anyway. I have a VI and I'm planning on getting a VII soon. To make a long story short...
I need 2 machines and one has to be on a timer.

Congratulations on your new baby, you're going to love it. I just passed the 2000th plus shot in just 6 short months on my Spaz. The shot quality is amazing and yes, I agree with you on the Black Cat. I actually don't like the stuff, home roast is much better than any commercial stuff anyway.

And one more thing,
Welcome to the S1 Forum, we're glad to have you!
woodchuck

Post by woodchuck »

DaveS, welcome to the forum. I too have just picked up a new machine. Looking forward to sharing our discoveries as we go forward.

Cheers

Ian

Return to “Pride Page”